Volunteer at Pines of Sarasota
At The Pines, there are so many ways to volunteer:
Give a hug Share a memory
Sing a song Play a game
Watch a movie Take a walk
Ring up a sale in the Thrift Shops
Serve a meal Deliver the mail
Make a difference in someone’s life
The Pines values our volunteers as team members who provide vital support to supplement the care provided by our staff. We provide an initial one on one meeting with the Director of Volunteer Services, group Orientation and ongoing education to help you perform your chosen role with confidence.
Become a volunteer in one or more of the following areas:
- Transport resident to scheduled activity via wheelchair, participate, and transport back to room
- Mail delivery; Take Library cart room to room
- Games: Play Dominoes, Bridge, Wii Bowling, Bingo
- Assist with art class
- Share your musical talents by playing an instrument or leading a singalong
- Paint nails
- Read a book to our residents or help them write a letter
- Pet Therapy (Certified pets only)
- Work with flower arrangements or in the garden
- Under the supervision of Pines Chaplain, visit with residents.
"Room Service" Meals Deliver
- Deliver breakfast, lunch or dinner trays (supervised by staff) to short term Rehab patients who prefer to eat meals in their rooms before/after their Physical or Occupational Therapy sessions in our Rehabilitation Center.
- Transport residents via wheelchair to/from their rooms to the Hair Salon or the Rehab Center (on campus).
- Drive a Golf Cart transporting visitors/staff from parking lot to various buildings.
Fabulous Finds Thrift Shop
- Sorting through donations, pricing with price tape gun, hanging up and straightening merchandise, cashier, helping customers, etc.
- Copying, Filing, Data Entry, etc.
Step 1: Complete a simple on-line application above
(Or use the contact information below to request a paper application)
Step 2: Meet with our Director of Volunteer Services, Ivy Ruark to complete background and HIPAA information.
If you are a high school student over the age of 15, you may become a teen volunteer at The Pines.
You will see the faces of our residents light up when a teen is in the building, and you can be assured that you will make a difference in their lives